We cannot stand silent while communities of color continue to suffer under the weight of violence, discrimination, and injustice.
Ridgefield Allies is a community organization taking steps in the struggles for justice locally.
Our goal is to highlight what each of us can do as an individual and to bring together bright minds to educate, inspire, and motivate our community to take action against racism and other forms of systemic injustice.
We support and seek to be active allies to organizations taking the lead in the fight for racial justice in America, including Color of Change, Black Lives Matter and the NAACP. We support them in their mission and you can too.
- Board of Directors
- Lisa Cambridge-Mitchell: Lisa Cambridge-Mitchell joins the Allies board as an active member of the community since 2006. She has been a refugee advocate since 2016 and a member of the DARA (Danbury Area Refugee Association) Board since 2019. Prior to joining DARA, Lisa was a member of the now-defunct Ridgefield Refugee Resettlement Group. She recently became an active member of Brilliant Minds Collective, an international group of educated and experienced leaders sharing an everyday commitment to globally creating a better environment for Black people through access to knowledge, information, and education. Lisa previously served on the board of the Fountain Music Concert Series.
- Kristy Jefferson: Kristy Jefferson and her family have lived in Ridgefield since 2012. Kristy is a writer and improviser, with two decades of experience writing and producing for large media brands, copywriting for small startups, and a little of everything in between. Before moving to Ridgefield, Kristy performed at improv theaters across New York City, including the Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre, where she got her start. In recent years, Kristy could be found at St. Stephens on Main Street, teaching classes for Music Together of Fairfield County for kids 0 – 4. In addition to Ridgefield Allies, Kristy is on the board of DARA (Danbury Area Refugee Assistance), resettling refugee families and giving them support on their journey to independence here in the United States. She is currently in the process of writing her first book.
- Bryan Perri: An Allies co-founder, Bryan Perri currently serves as music director for Broadway’s JAGGED LITTLE PILL and has worked on and off Broadway for the last 2 decades. Along with his husband Daniel C Levine, Bryan is a proud founding member of ACT of Connecticut – a new regional equity theater located in Ridgefield, Connecticut and also serves as their Resident Music Supervisor. Bryan is thrilled to be a part of Ridgefield’s vibrant and thriving artistic community and looks forward to continuing to build community through the vital art form of live theater.
- Mark Robinson: An Allies co-founder, Mark Robinson has been an active member of the Ridgefield community since moving here in 1992. He has been a member of the Ridgefield Youth Commission since 2010. Previously, he served as a member of the Ridgefield Economic Development Commission. Mark served 12 years on the state’s Martin Luther King Commission and is the founder and organizer of Ridgefield’s annual Martin Luther King Day ceremony. Mark is former chair of Ridgefielders Organized for Understanding of Diversity (ROUND) and former member of the board of A Better Chance (ABC) of Ridgefield.
- Alex Harris: An Allies co-founder, Alex Harris has been active in the Ridgefield community since moving here in 2001. Alex has held executive roles in the broadband, cable, and telecommunications industries in areas of strategic planning, operations, network planning, marketing, and IT. He was a member of the Ridgefield Democratic Town Committee from 2011 to 2021, serving as Vice Chair (2012-2018) and Chair (2018-2020). Since 2015, Alex has volunteered with the Friends of Ridgefield Community Programs, Inc., a local 501(c)(3) that functions as the funding umbrella for local non-profit organizations, operating Friends’ online fundraising platform and creating/maintaining separate contribution pages/forms for each of its member organizations.
- Executive Director: Alex Harris